- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Tidbits... Castagnole are typical sweets for Carnevale. By tradition they can be dipped in zabaione or melted dark chocolate.
- Whisk flour, yeast and pinch of salt. Make a mound and break eggs in center 1 at a time then combine softened butter or lard, grated lemon rind, vanilla, liquore. Knead energetically until you reach a consistency smooth and soft.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Let rest on lightly floured surface.
- Bring oil to a boil and fry a few at a time until golden on all sides. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or roll in granulated sugar and serve warm.