Spinach Ricotta Pie
Tidbits....This pie is always the first dish to disappear on my buffet table. It is savory and light and almost looks "too good" to eat!
- Spinach - 2 cups chopped
- Ricotta - 1 cup
- Greek yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 cup grated
- Pine nuts - 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg - Freshly ground (about 1/2 tsp.)
- Salt and white pepper - To taste
- Extra Flaky Pie Crust
- Flour - 3 cups
- Butter - 250 g
- Salt - 1 Tbl.
- Egg - 1
- Water - 1/4 cup
- White vinegar - 1 Tbl.
- Steam wet spinach leaves 2 or 3 minutes just until wilted.
- Drain and chop.
- Mix ricotta, yogurt and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in spinach and Parmesan. Stir in half of pine nuts nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared crust and sprinkle remaining pine nuts overtop
- Decorate top with pie crust strips and rosettes
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes until golden.
Extra Flaky Pie Crust
- Cut butter and salt into flour and mix with fork until crumbly. Pour in egg, water and vinegar all at once.
- Knead quickly on lightly floured surface and form a ball. Wrap in Saran and let rest 1/2 hour.
- Roll out in circle. With remaining dough, cut off enough for strips and rosettes.