Buckwheat Breakfast Plumcake (Saraceno)
Tidbits... Who said the only way to get morning buckwheat is in pancakes? This plum cake is packed with flavor and you won't even need the syrup.
- Whip egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- Mix chopped almonds with 1/2 of sugar
- Mix yogurt, flour, baking powder and remainder of sugar
- Delicately fold in egg whites. The mixture becomes moist and lumpy.
- Add oil, almond sugar mixture, milk and orange peel
- Mix well until blended.
- Line a plum cake pan with a dampened parchment paper (wet and wring out)
- Spoon mixture into pan and smooth out top.
- Bake at 375˚ for 40 minutes