Tidbits...Fried Sweet Ravioli with a filling of ricotta and chocolate chips are the perfect indulgence for Carnevale.
- Put a mound of flour in large bowl and hollow out center. Add 1 whole egg, one egg white, wine, baking powder and salt. Mix by hand until the dough is soft, well blended and elastic. Cover with a cloth and let rest for 1/2 hour.
- To make the filling mix ricotta, lemon zest, sugar, egg yolk. vanilla and chocolate chips. Mix until well blended and smooth.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough very thin. For half moon shape, cut dough in circles put a teaspoon of ricotta mixture in center, fold over and seal with a fork in 1/2 moon shape. For square pockets, cut in rectangles put a teaspoon of filling , fold over and seal with a fork.
- Fry a few at a time in hot oil until golden and drain on paper toweling until cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.